Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Resolutions


    Resolved: To enjoy my kids and remember that they are children.

    Father, I am tired of being a tyrant in my classroom. Make me a leader instead. I am tired of being a disciplinarian. Make me a healer instead. I am tired of dreading my classroom and kids. Make me joyful instead. I am tired of clutching my head in despair, yes, every planning period. Make me hopeful instead. I am tired of being afraid. Make me courageous instead.
from November 12, 2012

3 comments:

  1. Not a Christian blogger, but good thoughts on leadership:

    http://www.aboutleaders.com/bid/123034/Leaders-Honor-Thy-People

    Your journey this year has wrung my heart. Most of us have to be dragged into such a life-changing experience. You volunteered. May God bless you richly...well done, thou good and faithful servant (I'm sure He will say).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that article! I agree with many of the thoughts he expresses. In my experience, earning respect as a leader means you must first respect the people you lead. Or as this author puts it, you must show honor to be honored.

    ReplyDelete